Call for entry: Nara International Film Festival 2016 (Sep 17-22, 2016), NARAtive Competition
- A director's first or second feature
- Must have minimum length of 70 minutes
- Completed after January 1st, 2014
- Japan premiere (including festival screening)
- The first-prize winner will be honored with a Golden SHIKA Award.
- The winner will be also granted with a privilege to make the next NARAtive 2018 film.
*NARAtive is a project to make an original film in Nara, funded by NIFF.
"Inori" by Pedro Gonzalez Rubio from Mexico (2012)
"A Midsummer Fantasia" by Kun-jae Jang from South Korea (2014)
You can upload your film on FilmFreeway.
Deadline for submission: April 30, 2016
Please also complete the application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download application form from here.
* The result will be notified by the end of June 2016.
* Above submission materials are not returnable.
- There is no restriction on the subject and / or genre of the film.
- Non-Japanese films should be English subtitled if the dialogue is not in English.
- The directors of selected films need to be present during the festival. For non-Japanese productions, NIFF will provide accommodation and one round-trip Economy Class ticket for the director (one director per film).
Nara International Film Festival